Tuesday, September 16, 2008

monet to picasso

Tonight Clark and I went to the Utah Museum of Fine Art at the University of Utah to see the Monet to Picasso exhibit. It is so inspirational to stand before an original work of art; the colors, textures and subtleties of the paintings are so rich and wonderful!

During the exhibit, we went around with a sweet docent, Cherry, who has a passion for art. Unfortunately, cameras are not allowed inside the exhibit, or I would show you some of my favorites (Besnard, Breitner, Van Gogh, Rodin, Dali, Cezanne, Ernst...).

Photobucket


At the entrance to the exhibit, the museum posted quotes from the artists:

"The way to know life is to love many things." -Vincent Van Gogh

"Creativity takes courage." -Henri Matisse

"Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely." -Auguste Rodin

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once one grows up." -Pablo Picasso


I love the last quote. It brings back memories of coloring on the coffee table as a young girl. Art has always been a part of me; photography is now the medium I use to explore life.

No comments: