Tuesday, September 9, 2008

zero-60 photography workshop

I recently traveled to a few countries in Europe. While the other countries were filled with great memories, the purpose of this trip was to attend the Zero-60 Workshop with two fabulous wedding photographers, Melissa Jill (Arizona, USA) and Arden Ward (Alabama, USA).

The workshop did not disappoint. Not only were Melissa and Arden fabulous instructors, who shared volumes of information, but the workshop was also a great opportunity to network with other photographers. Content of the workshop focused on both the artistic and business aspects of wedding photography. It was great to have combined instruction from Melissa and Arden because their business set-up and shooting styles were very different. Their differences allowed me to see that a business model can be successful as long as it is designed for your market.

The networking portion was so much fun! The participants of the workshop are now very dear to my heart.

Brandi Schneider (Arizona, USA)
Brandi is a sweetheart. She is very new in her pursuit of professional photography and is an amazingly fast learner. If she keeps up the pace of learning that she did at the workshop, she will be there in no time :).

Doesn't she have the most amazing eyes!


Photobucket


and cute hair :). BTW - the wind LOVED Brandi's hair; the day we shot these photos, Brandi's hair spent most of the time on her face. Here she is gently brushing aside those wind-swept locks...

Photobucket


Cristi Owens (Arizona, USA)
Cristi is such a cutie (and, might I add, a hot bridal model...). Cristi was so full of positive energy and laughter that it was a pleasure to get to know her.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Amelia Strauss (Alabama, USA)
Amelia is one of those people who could put an ear-to-ear smile on your face when you are having an awful day. She is tons of fun!

I love the shape of Amelia's lips.

Photobucket


...and look at that million dollar smile! If you check out her blog, you will see other images with "the hat."

Photobucket


Mark Capilitan (Sligo, Ireland)
Mark was the sole male participant. He quietly went about his work and produced some incredible images during the workshop. It was fun to hear about his wedding market and to see his beautiful country.

Photobucket


Mark is really laid back, but still has a quiet, focused intensity about him. He takes pride in producing his best work.

Photobucket


Esther Cossio (Spain)

Esther is darling! This woman has an incredible eye for beautiful images. I am sad that she lives so far away, but I guess it gives me a good excuse to go back to visit another country in Europe :).

Photobucket


I know Esther doesn't like pictures of herself, but I think she is beautiful.

Photobucket


These images were taken during the 4th day of the workshop, when we took head shots for one another. The head shot on my blog was taken by Cristi; then I took it for a spin through Photoshop to make it a black and white. Thanks so much Cristi, I love it!

2 comments:

Cristi said...

you described everyone so well! i love all your photos. you are so cute for giving me credit for you photo. i miss you and i hope to see you soon. amelia is coming to shoot a wedding with me in a few weeks and i'm so excited!

Unknown said...

I have had very little time these last weeks after coming back from Ireland, so I didn't look for your blog before. I am very, very pleased to see the wonderful pictures you are uploading. You are an amazing photographer and I know nothing is going to be between you and success. I am proud I met you and look forward to get to know you better, who knos, maybe Spain could be the place to do so ;)

Love,
Esther